Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh boy frame and card with Chomas Creations embossing kit

I had a baby shower to go to today and one of my fav things to give is a custom frame!  My friend was so excited when she saw I had given her one, she said she was really hoping I had made her one! 
And of course it is fun for the card to match the frame!  How cute is this?

The frames are only $1 at Michaels!  I painted the sides white.  Then I use Mod Podge to adhere the patterned paper, which is Echo Park's boy line!  How cute is that paper?  After it dries I sand off any paper that is hanging over the edges. 
I made the "oh boy" with the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge.  I cut the oval 4 times to thicken and stengthen it up.  After I glued it to the frame, I flipped it over and added some crystal laquer to the back, this prevents it from bending.  The little stars I made with Design Studio, using rectangles to make the lines in the stars and embossing them with the Chomas Creations embossing kit.  See how small they are?  Perfect for those little scraps of metal sheets!  I cut them out with scissors and added them to the frame with some buttons.
I use screw eyes to hold the ribbon in place, they go into the frame very easily! 

And the matching card!

Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

13 comments:

happy2scrap56 said...

Nice I like ity
Lindacrew4

Jega said...

Nice Job Amy. Love it.
Jega
http://jegaspassion.blogspot.com
jegacats@gmail.com

Marjorie said...

Love the frames.

Rosemarie said...

i love it. i just got a birth announcement. great idea
rosemarie.rohlfs@gmail.com

Kathy said...

Very very cute!

Sue S. said...

The frames is adorable. What a wonderful gift.

Delia said...

Awesome card, love those colors!!!

Trisha said...

What a cute gift idea! Thsnks!

Unknown said...

You are so creative!!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Such a cute frame!

"Um Buggin" said...

Super cute Amy! Thanks for the instructions.

~L~

Unknown said...

What a lovely gift! You are so talented.

Kaye said...

Very creative, Amy. Someone will be very happy to receive this!